Diary of a Madman, Page 21
6,800 people peering inside. Don’t get trapped.
I. The Fountainhead Movement
As promised, we have nearly 50 new pieces of content for only members of the Fountainhead Movement. I’ve also had personal conversations with a number of the new members and, suffice to say, has been one of the great pleasures meeting engineers and writers and entrepreneurs who think the same way we do. You are not alone out there, my friends.
Exclusive Articles, How Tos, & Philosophical Strategies
- How To Transform Your Everyday Struggles Into A Game of Unlocking Achievements
- How To Get A Promotion
- What Years of Tae Kwon Do Taught Me
- Why Focusing On The Competition Will Kill You
- How To Build Fractal Roadmaps That Work Like Hourglasses
- Forced Versus Exploratory Learning
- The Paradox of Knowledge
- How To Make The Best Long-Term Decisions
- What It Means To Be A Pro
- Two Algorithms That Might Help Your Startup
- Crazy Things You Can Do That Don’t Scale
- Why Business Is Harder Than Baseball
- How Some Apps Keep You Coming Back
- How Children Keep Time
- Why Outsourcing Makes America More Money
- What Is Real Intelligence
- How To Get People Excited About Your Product
- Don’t Wait To Be Chosen: this is likely the single most important message and ideology that I’ve learned and adopted over my lifetime. You can apply it to almost any aspect of life. When you’re feeling lost, find this as the solution.
- Don’t Make People Sign Up
- How To Create A Business Strategy
- The Trinity of Technology
- How A Perfectionist Used To Write Code
- Anna Wintour’s Greatest Quality
- Three Ways To Describe Your Product
- The Biggest Problem With Every Search Engine
- Lift Weights To Build Incredible Products
- Communicate Complex Topics Using Minto’s Pyramid Principle
- 3 Tips For Building Incredible Products
- Business Success Is 50 Years Of Multiplying Daily Wins
- The Fastest Way To Learn Something New
- How To Connect With People
- Who Am I?
- How Fabreeze’s Marketing Genius Can Save Your Startup
- Why Being An Entrepreneur Is The Best Job
- How To Get People To Like You
- User Experience Versus Product Lifecycle
- New Equity & HR Document for Startups
- Talk To People
- Business Models That Will Always Work
- 2207-Person TV Viewing Trends Report
- Dec 13, 2016: Apple TV App, Google Self-Driving
- Dec 14, 2016: Space Fashion, Apple EverNotes, 4K Fireplace
- Dec 15, 2015: Diamonds in the Rough
- Dec 16, 2016: Joy Video Script, Baidu NIPS Deep Learning Slides
Join today (through web browsers only, not inside mobile apps) and unlock access to all this content plus much more.
II. Preparing for 2017
New Humanizing Tech Public Content
- Review: My 3,000 word review of the13" MacBook Pro with TouchBar compared to the 12" MacBook. Short summary? Similar price, twice as fast, lots of new features means a no brainer for an upgrade.
Thesis: Video as an App
A live video stream contains everything you’re interacting with in real-time.
- Sound: In light of the AirPods finally going on sale, our thoughts on the augmented reality of sound, from Q3 2016 on the future roadmap of Apple’s AirPods.
- Media: ranking the most popular writers and media sites on the internet.
- Instagram: 600M MAUs, their last 100M in growth happened faster than from 400M to 500M.
Thesis: Biologic Intelligence Disrupting AI
Building a machine indistinguishable from a human being.
- Connectome: a 5-minute video describing the difference of Biologic Intelligence.
- Deep Learning: GPU teaching kits from NVIDIA, complete with videos, lectures, and slides.
Thesis: Space as a Platform
When “push to PROD” means “launch a rocket into space”.
- Robotics: I almost put the self-healing transistors for chip-scale starships in the Biorobotics thesis, but consider this one of those crossover type things that makes it an even more compelling use of your time.
- Physics: Quantum vortex superconductor, anyone?
Thesis: The Base Code Personal Hedge Fund
Securing your own financial future, without having to pay the fees
- Venture Capital: we’re seeing a shift of celebrities (Leonardo), athletes (Kobe), and investment professionals (hedge fund, endowments, family offices) moving towards VC as the vehicle that produces a higher probability of outsized returns. The hard part is doing it right. You need the right thesis, and then you need to find the company building it. Note that I say company, and not companies. All shall be revealed, but it’s already hidden in plain sight. Side note: Apple is one of the largest hedge funds in history.
- Location: Tech companies are laying the ground work in San Diego for the future of talent. Evernote, Google, Fitbit, Amazon are all investing in offices, via Term Sheet.
Thesis: Self-Organizing Biorobotics
Building a machine indistinguishable from a human being.
- Apple: a new patent describes their dream of 3D character creation.
Thesis: Autonomous Internet of Things
Your objects move so you don’t have to.
- Self-Driving: The problem being solved isn’t road deaths, its the pain of commuting. Also, it’s failing because moms with young kids don’t trust self-driving nor AI and early adopters don’t want to ride around in a minivan. In both instances, failure. Like the Google Glass of cars.
- Self-Driving: Fill out this form to get your self-driving car legal in California. It only costs $33K to $50K.
Thought of the Week
A good sound bite is akin to magic. It doesn’t even have to be true, it just needs to taste juicy enough that other people remember it and repeat it. It’s a way to program people to take your message to the masses. It’s the ultimate platform. People internalize it, fit it into their own mental models, and then use it to describe their own beliefs.
Curious how powerful it is? It just got a dude elected President.
Listen this week to the news. Listen to sports talk radio or ESPN. Listen to politics. Listen to major tech publications. What you find is very real lemming-like behavior.
When you stop trying to find the answer for yourself, it means you’re repeating someone else’s Sound Bite Platform. The first step is being conscious of it. The next step is doing something about it.
Read The Rest
Join The Fountainhead Movement for exclusive access.
Humanizing Tech is a premium publication covering autonomous driving, self-learning AI, personal hedge funds, editable DNA, SAAS space platforms, personal power stations, and niche video portals. This newsletter is a peek inside the Editor’s mind.
from Stories by Sean Everett on Medium http://ift.tt/2hBdMcL