Diary of a Madman, Page 28
9,000 people peering inside. Don’t get trapped.
I. This Week’s Analyses
An interesting week, this. A mixture of robotics, trading, product mechanics, and foreign affairs.
- Transforming the Stock Market into a Game: product mechanics in search of an aspiring entrepreneur who wants to build a startup around it.
- The Real Truth Hidden in Snap’s S1: marketing is powerful, be careful you don’t confuse a company’s value with what you like, or dislike, about their product.
- How to Live in London Until Trump’s Impeachment: get a 5-year Visa lickity split, on the cheap.
- ROS 2.0 Update, January 2017: Amazon, Google, Facebook, Apple don’t yet have their hands in this. Wreaks of opportunity and undervalued-ness.
- Object Libraries for AR Apps are the Future of Video: comment of the week on The Information
The Fountainhead Movement: New for Members Only
- How You Can Create Every Day
- Innovation Model of the Future
- Earnings Release Season
- Why Robotics Manufacturing is the Next Gold Rush
- Rules of Mankind Versus Laws of the Universe
Join The Fountainhead Movement for $9/month before the price goes up again.
II. Global News Pointing To Our Theses
Bookmark the 12 Tech Theses if you haven’t already.
- Video as an App: major airlines are doing away with seat-back entertainment. Bring your own device powered by Piksel Voyage. Tim Cook: “More things coming for Apple TV” meaning original content and access point for consumer relationships. Netflix still 2nd fiddle to Apple TV hardware. Facebook getting into OTT original content, saying they’re replacing the News Feed with Video Channels. Movie theaters aren’t dead yet.
- Music as a Control Mechanism: Apple Music API, suggested music from your emotion.
- Biologic Intelligence Disrupting AI: cortical columns, penguin’s behavior keeps self-driving cars safe, Biologic Intelligence that encrypts itself using Biologic Intelligence. So strong not even quantum computers can crack it. AI Awards are out, Biologic Intelligence won for Best AI in Robotics.
- Space as a SAAS Platform: NASA’s space mining mission, did you know that one rich asteroid could make every precious metal as cheap as gravel? Some asteroids are that valuable. Private space stations. Watch Luxembourg closely.
- Automatic Health Optimization: Reiki.
- Personal Hedge Fund: +72% return in a year. 550 CEOs listed the recession, technology, and cybersecurity as their top 3 worries. Facebook’s Economic Profit is now +14% (16% ROIC — 2% WACC). Nike: 23%, Apple: 19%, Nvidia: 13%, Amazon: 8%, Tesla: -15%. What if Apple’s stock price growth prospects have nothing to do with hardware products: 1. Services, 2. Share Buybacks. TheBaseCode.com.
- Personal Power Stations: Tesla no longer is just about “motors”, removing the last part of their name after the combination with Solar City. Charge your phone from across the room without wires.
- Self-Organizing Biorobotics: roadmap for US robotics, which had the highest CAGR of any sector over the last 10 years, opportunities are everywhere; artificial cells that build themselves.
- Autonomous Internet of Things: Humans have created a form of matter where time loops back upon itself, in perpetuity. You can’t tell me magic isn’t real. Apple has 1 million CarPlay users, that’s a pretty decent marketing list for the upcoming Apple Car ($35K car * 1 mil users = $35 trillion revenue). Not much real driving is happening in the self-driving industry.
- Reality Retail: Gen Z retail arbitrage against AI fashion stylists, Amazon accounts for 50% of all online sales growth, new Tiffany & Co CEO.
- Interstellar Sports Wearables: We almost got hit by another asteroid and nobody is talking about it. 25x bigger and we’re toast. We need to get on this, folks.
- Superhuman Modifications: new material conducts electricity, but not heat. Important for implanting electronics into the human body.
III. Philosophy of a Mad Man
- Venture Capital: The ones whose job it is to think differently, often don’t. You can’t get a PhD in something that’s never existed before, by definition. You can’t understand the future using analogies from the past. The question, then, is what to do about it if you’re a startup who’s invented something never before created by mankind. You go straight to the LPs, of course, and cut out the middle man. Younger generation VCs, however, seem to get it, faster.
- LPs: Softbank’s $100B fund is actually Private Equity, not VC. Taken with the above, are we on the verge of a new startup fundraising trend?
- Robotics & AI: Did you know the average round size for a Series A robotics or AI startup that raised capital from 2015 to 2017 was $10M?
- Stats: Xbox Live has 55M MAUs.
- Valuation: So if TIDAL is worth $600/sub at 1M subs, then Apple Music at 20M subs = $12B biz just for streaming service & MRR, which doesn’t include Beats. Apple paid $3B for Beats, which means they already have a 4x return not including value of Beats hardware.
- Jobs: Piksel is hiring all over the world, Head of Product
- M&A: put together an investment brief for a very undervalued gym chain a few years back. Might share the brief and write about it in light of Bloomberg’s latest article.
- Prediction: Sheryl Sandberg is going to be named Facebook’s new CEO soon. If not, she’ll move to Disney to be Iger’s successor (she’s on their Board).
- Country of the Week: Malaga, Spain. Incredible talent and culture that won’t break the bank. You can help bring the economy back. We already are.
- New Skills: You can get your pilots license with only 40 hours of flight time. 8 hours gets you a solo stick. Amazing.
- Research: search engine for your investigative journalism.
The Mechanics of Magic are real. You think it. It becomes reality. Another human is affected by it.
I will, one day, write the how-to book aptly titled, “The Mechanics of Magic Are Real: how to transform desire into reality”.
Read The Rest
Join The Fountainhead Movement for exclusive access to bleeding edge think pieces and technological inventions.
Humanizing Tech is a premiere technological think tank for building humanity’s future. It covers autonomous robotics, self-learning AI, superhuman augmentation, personal hedge funds, editable DNA, SAAS space platforms, personal power stations, and video as an app. This newsletter is a peek inside the Editor’s mind.
from Stories by Sean Everett on Medium http://ift.tt/2ke2QAq