The Mission Acquires Humanizing Tech
Combining forces to push the human race forward
I. Setting the Stage
Over the last few years, I’ve taken Humanizing Tech more seriously after writing about the random thoughts crossing my brain for the last 10 years or so. Because of that, I’ve made a number of new friends and business opportunities as a result of it.
As I often tell people, building Humanizing Tech has been one of the most beneficial things I’ve done for my career over the last few years. This world is about people and after so many years building products deep in the CRUD of software, both consumer and enterprise, it’s been a nice change of pace to give some of that knowledge back and connect with other people doing cool things. Give it a thought as something you might want to do for your own career.
Today, we have some exciting news about the next chapter on this journey of love.
II. The Origin Story
Chad Grills and I met almost a year ago to the day, here within the walls of Medium. I originally reached out to him after hearing good things about The Mission, and about how open and intelligent the chap was from a mutual friend doing some work for Google. I wanted to see if he was interested in a few of my analyses/stories.
He was and off to the races we went. Which, by the way, we’re looking for new thoughts and perspectives so if you’re looking to get a few of your stories out to a massive audience of millions every month, shoot me an email.
I remember sitting in a little beach house the wife and I had rented for a few months in Laguna Beach when we had our first face to face Skype call (he and his wife had just moved to the Valley from DC).
As is often the case with these things, we found we were fast friends, interested in the same things, with the same vision for humanity. Namely, build something positive and of value to help pull us all forward.
While I was building products deep in the world of emerging tech (biologic intelligence) and video streaming, he was quickly building one of the fastest growing media startups of the last decade.
Humanizing Tech had maybe a few thousand subscribers and The Mission maybe 50K or 60K.
Cut to a year later and we have 12,000 subs while The Mission has over 300,000 subs. Both of our publications together reach millions of eyeballs every month and represent two of the largest websites in the world. We’ve produced a daily email newsletter and high quality content that many people have paid to get called The Fountainhead Movement. Almost 200 unique analyses over the last 6 months plus another 700-ish free stories over the last few years.
Interestingly, Humanizing Tech experienced less growth because we turned on a private, trusted, and paid channel. That’s unfortunate because while we love our trusted, small group of emerging tech enthusiasts, we feel that much of the world is missing out on this new way of thinking.
So, part of the rationale for combining these two high growth media properties is to reach as many people as possible with a better programming language, both in terms of content but also tech.
We want to be better than the negativity of news, and produce something that’s more positive and uplifting. We want to show you the way to build something novel and valuable so you can take control of your own financial future.
Essentially, manifestation. Just getting exposed to something and knowing it’s possible is the first step. The next is doing it. But taken together, it makes for a powerful, almost magical force. All it takes is a little imagination.
Finally, I would give Chad the highest compliments that I could give anyone professionally. Which is, I would give him the source code to Biologic Intelligence and trust him fully that he would protect it as well as we have.
Everytime I’ve been in the Valley over the last year, I made it a point to sit down with him because regardless of everything else, he’s just a great, solid dude. The wife and I spent some time with his wife and him at the Google campus as well. I can vouch for two of the most genuine, highest quality, and trustworthy people I’ve ever met.
So, to say we’re aligning ourselves with The Mission isn’t some strange leap or new world that we haven’t experienced before. Truth is, we’ve already been operating in this capacity, working together, since nearly the day we met a year ago. And it goes much further than just business. Dare to say, a friendship.
This just formalizes it.
III. What’s Next
At this point you might be wondering what happens next with Humanizing Tech, all our content, the newsletters, how to continue accessing it, and what’s happening with the paid fountainhead channel.
Chad and I have talked at length about the best way to benefit the readers, contributors, and our own brands when combining the two properties, and so we’re flexible enough to make changes if we don’t like how anything plays out. But this is what we’re doing for now:
- Humanizing Tech’s content will continue to exist on the same domain: http://humanizing.tech.
- We’re working with Medium to unlock the fountainhead channel and making almost 200 stories free. If you’ve been curious about what’s behind that curtain, now’s your chance.
- Head on over to https://themission.co and click the subscribe button at the top of the page if you haven’t already (this way you make sure you’ll get our new content).
- I’m going to be the Entrepreneur In Residence over at The Mission, as well as helping with the sponsored stories and branded content. Additionally, I’ll be on the lookout for the highest quality content and writers.
- Current contributors to Humanizing Tech should shoot me an email if you’d like to be a contributor to The Mission as well. You’ll get about 50x the reach with new content you submit. Remember: quality is more important than quantity.
- I will still send out my weekly Diary of a Madman roundup through the Humanizing Tech email list, but will now be including more awesome content from The Mission where we haven’t before. So, it’s like a bonus of curation for you without you having to do anything.
- The Mission is part creative agency as they’re gearing up some major branded content videos and live streams / podcasts from the biggest tech companies you know and love. Give me a shout if you want to see what’s up or their work. Coupled with PROME’s next gen AI software and our global 200-person tech team (more to come on that), we can not only consult but also build and distribute the biggest, baddest stuff to a world of like-minded people.
It’s going to be an exciting back half of 2017 and an even better 2018. Hop on board now, it’s gonna be a wild ride, y’all.
IV. What We Offer You Today
- A way to read, watch, and listen to high quality, positive content you can’t get anywhere else in the world.
- A way to reach millions of people every month.
- A way to make compelling videos to help drive awareness or sales of your own projects.
- A way to use off-the-shelf, but also next generation Artificial Intelligence, to do things you never thought possible.
- A way to build any technology product you want.
A media business. A tech business. There’s only one piece left to complete the triangle, but that will take more time.
from Stories by Sean Everett on Medium http://ift.tt/2seVPT3